This article guides you through how to use your customisable Enquiries form to capture new business by booking new customers in for assessments.
See this article for further information on how to customise your Enquiries form: Customising Your Online Enquiries Form.
To utilise your enquiries form to book assessments, you need to:
- create a class level for assessments
- create your assessment classes and add these times on to your enquiries form
- include these times on your customisable enquiries form
- create an email template (and an SMS template if you have an account) to confirm the booking.
Things to consider before creating these assessment classes:
- are they going to be free or be charged? Do you need a new price level?
- what length of time will the classes be? 15min? 30min?
- will they be private or group classes?
- what process will you use to follow through with these clients after their assessments to book them in to regular classes?
Creating a Class Level for Assessments
To create your Assessment class levels if you haven't already done so, go to Configuration.
Click on Class Assessment Levels.
Add a level called Assessment. Add a sort order so it appears in the list where you'd like it.
This article gives step-by-step instructions for creating class levels: Class Assessment Levels setup.
Do you need to create a new price level for the assessments? Or will you use a price level you already have?
If you need to create a "No Charge" price level, add a price level and set the default price to 0.00 and save. You do not need to fill out the price matrix. For more information on creating a price level, refer to: Setting up a Price Level and Price Matrix (lesson pricing).
Create your assessment classes
Go to your Classes screen.
Click on the "Add new class" button and create your assessment classes.
Link it to the correct price level and your general billing/learn to swim fee calculation template.
Customise your Enquiries Form
1. From Configuration, go to "Enquiry Form Options".
We recommend you use this section to introduce the assessment booking and add any info you'd like customers to be aware of. This is an editable text field and you can add any text or images that you desire.
This will appear above your enquiries form such as in this example:
2. Once you have finished, click "save" and go back to your Configuration screen. Click on "Enquiry Form Custom Questions". Here you can add in your questions regarding the assessments.
a. To edit an existing question, click on the yellow edit folder in the actions column for that question. Or, to add a new question, click "Add Custom Question".
b. Enter in your Question Name (this is for your reference, this is not displayed on your form).
c. Select your Question Type - do you want this to be a question in the Family section or the Student section?
d. Enter your Question Text - this is the wording that will display on your form.
e. Select your Question Response Type - do you want this to be text, a yes/no checkbox, a multi-selection checkbox or a dropdown response?
f. Enter your Question Order - this is where you want the question to display in relation to your other questions / question order.
g. Click "Save". Then you will be able to enter your checkbox or dropdown answer response options.
h. When finished, click "Save".
Refer to this article for more information if needed: Customising Your Online Enquiries Form.
In this example, we have put the questions regarding Assessments on the Student field. We have used a multi checkbox and a dropdown question type:
On the Enquiries form, this becomes:
Creating a message template to confirm an Assessment Booking
We recommend creating an Email Template to send to the family. This would include detail of the lesson date, time and any other pertinent information (e.g. what you would normally send to first time customers like parking arrangements, what to bring, what to wear in the pool, supervision etc).
We also recommend creating a shorter SMS message to send as well letting them know the booking confirmation has been emailed, as SMS has a higher open rate than email.
1. Go to your Configuration screen and click on E-Mail / SMS Templates.
2. Click on Add Message Template.
3. Give the template a name, leave the template type as "Generic Non-system Message" and select if it is an Email or SMS. Then save it by clicking the "Add Message Template" button.
4. Find your template in the list and click on the yellow edit folder.
5. If the template is an email, make sure you add in a subject or it will not send.
6. Add in your message content. We recommend using the %%CURRENTENROLMENTS%% tag. An example of an email template content could be:
E-Mail Subject: Your Free Assessment BOOKING CONFIRMATION
Thank you for contacting %%COMPANYNAME%% for your child's free swimming assessment.
Your free assessment booking is listed below for your reference:
Please contact us on %%COMPANYTELEPHONE%% to make any amendments to the above information.
If you cannot make it on the day, we ask that you please let us know as soon as possible (at least 30 minutes prior to the assessment time) on %%COMPANYTELEPHONE%%.
Please note: This will not be your permanent lesson time. This is a free assessment to gauge the correct level for your child. We will discuss available lesson times with you following the assessment.
Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your lesson so you will be ready to get in the pool promptly at your lesson time. Please remain poolside with your child/ren.
We are so excited to start swimming with you!
7. Save your template. You can go back and edit this later if needed.
8. If you are going to create an SMS, follow the same steps as above to create an SMS template. You could also include the %%CURRENTENROLMENTS%% tag in the SMS if you would like, or another example could be:
Hi %%FAMILYNAME%%! We have emailed your swimming assessment booking confirmation. Please check your email for further details. We can't wait to see you in the pool!
Process for accepting the Assessment Booking
1. Open the Enquiry. If they want to book an Assessment, tick the Convert this Enquiry to a Family/Student box and "Convert to Family & Student" button.
2. Set the student's level to Assessment and book them in to their selected Assessment time. Enrol them for one date, e.g. 12/08/2022 - 12/08/2022.
3. Next to the family's email address, click "Send template".
4. Select your Assessment Booking Confirmation email template and send.
They will receive your email template you set up above (example shown):
5. If you have created an SMS for your Assessment Booking Confirmation, follow the same step to send that to their mobile number as well.
They will receive your SMS template you set up above (example shown):
6. Following the Assessment, have a process in place to follow up with the family and book in to regular lessons.
To find all your Assessment level students, you could:
- do something simple like have a symbol or code of some kind in the family name to search for. It could be something as simple as a full stop or an asterisk or an exclamation mark etc, or a letter code like FA (free assessment) or AB (assessment booking) etc. Then just search for that symbol or letter code in your quick search bar to bring up all of those families.
- you could run a data grab dummy communication campaign, remove the Family, Student and Enrolment conditions, add in a condition for Class Level and select the Assessment level. Save and the preview your recipient list.
- you could run your Student Detail report in excel so you can sort by level.
The quickest and easiest option is the symbol or code.
Last updated: 9 August 2022
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article