There are many reasons you may need to change a student's class. Perhaps they have gone up a level, or mum has needed to change the lesson day or time. The most effective way to deal with this is to End the current Enrolment, and create a new enrolment for the new class.
1. Go to the "Student Information" screen. Under the "Current Enrolments" section, click on the "End Enrolment" button on the class that you wish to end for the student.
2. Select the "End Enrolment as at" date. We recommend your end date to be set as the day after the student's last attendance. For example their last lesson was 01/04/YYYY, end their enrolment on 02/04/YYYY.
(Side note: IF you need to end an incorrect enrolment that has not yet started, end the enrolment for the day before the start date - for example you had en enrolment starting on 20/04/YYYY but it was incorrect, you haven't started you need to end it and redo it for different dates or a different class, end it for 19/04/YYYY).
You can also put a reason for leaving, but this is optional and intended more if a student is permanently leaving.
Click on the blue "Continue" button.
3. The classes ticked in this next screen are the classes left over until the end of your Billing cycle/ Term / Month (lessons the customer has paid for). If you leave the classes ticked it will credit the money back to the "Family Information" screen under the "Financials" section.
YOU NEED TO KEEP THE CLASSES TICKED AS THE CREDITS NEED TO GO BACK TO THE FAMILY ACCOUNT. Even if it is a $0.00 enrolment, you need to keep the boxes ticked as it is also linked with their attendances.
You want to keep these boxes ticked so it will give the customer a credit so when the child is re-enrolled into another class it will use those credits to make the family balance back to $0.
The only time you would untick the boxes is if you want the customer to still be billed for these lessons (eg. they might be withdrawing during the term and you do not offer refunds/credits).
Click on the blue "Continue" button.
Please Note: If you untick the boxes because you don't want the client to be refunded for these lessons it will un-enrol the student. However, their attendances for the remainder of the billing period will remain. To remove these attendances you will need to apply a Non-Attendance reason such as Canceled Enrolment. To setup a non-attendance reason please read the article Creating Non-Attendance Reasons.
4. Once you have clicked on the blue "Continue" button as above, you will now be back on the Student Record screen. Click on green "New Class Enrolment" button.
5. This will open a new window with days and times available for the student based on the student's assigned level. Click on the day and time of your new class.
6. You will now see the "New Class Enrolment" screen for that student.
Check the following information. You need to be very specific with dates as this will affect the customers billing. Make sure your end date of the previous class and the start date of your new class are not within the same week (a week is Monday to Sunday).
7. This will bring you to the next window to confirm your enrolment and allow you to select your price. If you've entered everything correctly with dates, you can leave it on "Automatic Calculation". However, we recommend you get all staff into the habit of selecting the correct price from the price matrix - this will ensure the correct lesson charge especially if you have discounts for multiple enrolments, even if dates are incorrect.
8. It will bring you back to the "Family Information" screen. Here you can see the student is now enrolled into the selected class.
NOTE ON HOLD SPOTS: If you have selected a "hold spot" for a student, they will have two enrolments showing for the one class - one is the free hold spot and one is the actual enrolment. When the date of the first class has passed, the hold spot enrolment will disappear from the screen.
You can check this by clicking on the student's name and under "Current Enrolments", the hold spot appears first with a Y (0.00) under "Special price".
9. Check the family finance is correct.
NOTE: Invoices are in date order, so if you are making a change after you have already run your billing, the previous system-generated invoice will appear last as it goes by the first lesson date. The changes you have just made, along with the lesson credits (if any) will appear earlier.
Last updated 4 May 2021