Invoices in the Family Finance section are dated as the date of the student's first lesson for the billing period - they do not appear in order of generation date.
When you run a billing run to generate invoices for your next month/block/term, these will appear last in the finance section, as the invoice date will be the date of the first lesson.
At the time of billing, the invoices have been set for the billing cycle, as well as the statements - even if you do not send them straight away, they are generated the date you do your billing run (but dated as the first lesson date). It is a good idea to do the billing run as close as possible to the new cycle.
If you make any changes to enrolments after the billing run and especially outside of the statement period (the dates of your billing run) these will not be reflected on the statement because it is outside of the statement period. These changes will appear higher up in the finance section, so if you are only looking at the bottom of the finance section, you may miss the changes.
Scenario: (The same is true here no matter your billing cycle - whether it is monthly, in a block, or per term).
This centre runs monthly billing. It is April and they want to do a billing run for May (01/05/2021 to 31/05/2021). No matter what the date is in April that the invoices are generated, the invoice date will be the first lesson in May (corresponding to whatever lesson day the student's enrolment/s are for).
In this demo family, the two students had been enrolled in Private lessons. At the time of generating the billing run for May, they were still enrolled in these classes. You can see in the finance section that they have invoicing for their Private lessons dated 07/05/2021 (at the bottom of the finance section).
However, both students changed classes in late April. This change was made after the billing run was done for May, and so the credits for the remaining classes from April along with the credits for the originally billed May classes are shown for the date that original class enrolment was ended (16/04/2021 - up the top of the finance section).
The new class enrolments are shown from the date of the first class (23/04/2021) but these invoices include the April lessons and lessons to the end of May because the billing run for May has already taken place at this time.
However, because these changes are outside of the statement period, the changes do not show on the statement because the original statement was generated prior to these changes taking place:
The amount owing is correct, but the class enrolments are incorrect. So how do you fix it so the client can see their actual classes and corresponding charges?
The quickest and easiest thing to do is to print a transaction listing from the family finance.
1. Click "View All" in the Family Finance.
2. In the "Transaction Date Search", put in a date before the lesson change - in this scenario, the lesson change was 16/04/2021, so the start date for the search is 12/04/2021.
3. Set the end date to the end of the current billing period - in this scenario, 31/05/2021.
Note: You can also put the end date as the last lesson invoice (here it is 07/05/2021) and it will still show these invoices.
4. If there are multiple students, leave it on "All students". Click "Search".
This will display all transactions - lesson charges and lesson credits - within the date range of the search.
5. You can either:
- tick the box "Print Summarised Version" and then click "Print Transaction Listing". This will display the transactions within the date range that you can download and email to/print out for the client.
- do NOT tick the "print summarised version" box, and just click the "Print Transaction Listing" button. This gives all of the lesson dates in an individual line-by-line break down. This level of detail is not generally needed but the option is there if your client requests further detail.
Last updated 6 May 2021