There may be times where you want to include a note on a payment or adjustment. Say you have a family using an Active Kids Voucher and you want to record the number, or you need to make an adjustment or issue an extra invoice and you want to leave a note so it is clear what it is for. There is a simple way for you to do this.
To enable notes, this must first be configured on your system for each tender type (payment type) you want to collect a note for.
1. To check if your tender type (payment type) has the "Note on Payment" option enabled, you need to go to your Configuration tab and click on "Tenders".
2. Here you will see a list of the tender (payment) types you have configured on your system (this is different for every centre). If the payment type has a green tick in the "note on payment" column, this is already configured to collect a note when you use this tender type.
If you need to edit an existing tender type to include a note, click on "Edit" next to the tender name.
If you want to add a new tender type, click "Add Tender".
3. If you want to collect a note on a tender, make sure you tick the "Collect Note on Payment" checkbox.
Making a payment with "Collect Note" enabled on the Tender
1. Enter the payment amount and select the Payment Type from the options you have configured on your system. Click "Apply payment".
2. On the next screen, enter your "Payment Note" and click "Process Payment".
How a Payment is displayed in the family finance section with a Note collected:
The note you entered will appear underneath the payment as shown below:
Last updated 26 May 2021