You are able to upload a QIF file from your online banking into SimplySwim to reconcile and mark off payments against the families who have paid this way.
1. Log into your internet banking.
2. Select your relevant bank account and generate a transaction listing based on credits only for your selected date period.
3. Export the data to a QIF file with the date format of DD/MM/YYYY and save the file to a folder on your computer.
Please Note: It is important that you keep a track of the dates you have previously exported to ensure you do not upload the same date as a previous QIF file, otherwise the payment will be allocated to the family twice. We suggest picking a time period and doing this regularly - e.g. weekly, fortnightly or monthly. It is also a good idea to end the date range for the date before the current day. So say you want to run a monthly QIF file, and you are on the 30/4. Wait until the 1/5 to run it from 1/4 to 30/4 so that all transactions from the 30/4 are collected.
4. Go into SimplySwim and click on the "Administration" tab.
5. Click on the "Upload Payments File (QIF)" button.
6. Click on the "Choose file" button and select the QIF file you downloaded and saved from your internet banking in step 3.
7. After you have selected the correct file, click on the "Upload" button.
8. The QIF file will then automatically match payments ready for processing based on the family's reference number from SimplySwim. These will go into the "Matched payments awaiting processing" section.
9. If the family does not use their family reference number as a reference for their payment, SimplySwim will be unable to automatically match the payments with the relevant family - these go into the "Un-matched Imported Payment Records". These payments will need to be matched to the correct family manually. To do this click on the "Match" button next to the name.
10. In the family name field start typing the name of the family you would like to match the payment with and select the family from the drop down option. This will move the family into "matched payments awaiting processing". You will then be redirected back to the "Un-matched Imported Payment Records" list. Repeat this step for each of the un-matched imported payment records.
11. Remove any payments that are not associated with families from this list by selecting "remove".
12. Once you have completed matching any un-matched payments, you are now ready to finalise the payments by clicking the "Process Imported Payments" button in the bottom right hand corner.
13. Select the "Payment Method/Tender" and click on the "Process Now" button.
14. You will then see a list of Payments matched successfully. This means the payments have been marked off the family's account.
Last updated 5 May 2021