The Outstanding Fees module is great for following up people with outstanding balances. With a few clicks you can send out an E-mail and/or SMS reminder to customers who have not paid.
This module will use the "E-Mail Payment Overdue" and/or the "SMS Payment Overdue" message templates. If you want to check what these say or amend them, do this before following the below steps. Message templates can be found in Configuration --> E-Mail / SMS Templates. Click on the yellow folder "edit" icon next to the template to open it and make any desired changes. Any fields within the %% are code filled, leave these as is (eg. %%BALANCE%%).
The standard payment overdue email message template:
To run the Outstanding Fees module:
1. Click on the "Administration" tab.
2. Click on "Outstanding Fees" in the Bulk Processing Section.
3. Here you can adjust the following fields as per your requirements then select the blue "Show Balances" button. You can enter any balance owing you wish.
4. After clicking "show balances" you will be taken to a new screen showing the families with outstanding fees higher than the dollar figure you entered in the previous window. It will show the family and the amount owing on the family's account.
Anyone you do not wish to send a reminder to from this list, click on the blue tick to remove them.
Anyone with a red cross next to their name is an inactive family. Tick the box if you still want to send a reminder to them.
5. To send out the SMS and/or E-mail Payment Reminders, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Send Reminders". You won't get a confirmation message, but you can check your SMS or Email logs (Configuration --> Message Logs) to ensure they have been sent. They will also display in the communication logs on the family screen.
Last updated 29 April 2021