These are automatic messages you can configure to go out via SMS and/or email when a student's attendance has been marked with a "Not Notified" non-attendance reason. Generally the first message will be something like:
We missed IIStudentNameII at swimming today. Unfortunately a make-up is only provided with prior notice of absence.
Second and third messages are usually a bit stricter in tone, but the wording for all messages is completely up to you. You can choose what to send and when.
To create your Non-Attendance Messages follow the below steps.
1. Go to the Configuration tab.
2. Select Non-Attendance Messages from the "Company" section of Configuration. A list of the current messages will appear.
3. Click "Add a Custom Message"
The following screen will appear.
4. Give your Non-Attendance Message and appropriate Name. (eg. 1st Not Notified Non-Attend SMS)
5. Select if you would like your message to be email or SMS.
6. Select the Contact Type to send it to (Attendance or Billing / Finance).
7. Give your message a subject.
8. Type the content of your message using the merge fields as appropriate. NOTE: with merge fields copy the text from the merge fields only use the double lines and the text between the double lines.
9. Click "Add Custom Messages" to save.
These messages will now send via the message type you have selected when a student is marked as absent with a "Not Notified" reason.
Last updated 27 May 2021